Monday, September 22, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Hello out there! It's me, I am surfacing!! Things have been so crazy around here the past few weeks, I am behind in a LOT of things, one of those being blogging!

Not much to post tonight, I just decided while things were quiet and I was up by myself that I would drop a few lines to update everyone.

First of all, the reason I am up alone tonight is because Curt is sick with some nasty stomach thingy. So pray that the rest of us stay healthy!!

Second, one the reasons my life has been so crazy the past couple of weeks is because we welcomed our second foster child about a week and a half ago! Jordan is a sweet 10 month old who has a great disposition and sleeps well!! The sleeping well part means a lot to us... we love our sleep! More about Jordan to come, I am just too tired to post pictures and such tonight.

Third, Noah started Pre-K and is really liking it. He goes to school at my parents church here in town and has since he was two. We love his teachers and I like having one more year with my baby boy before kindergarten! He is having issues with the fact that the teachers will not let them play "swords/light sabers" whenever they want. BTW, Noah calls light sabers "life-savers", I love it!!

Fourth, Lauragale seems to be doing well in school but has developed some unexplained separation and performance anxiety. It makes me sooooo sad!! She used to ADORE school but things are different this year. She did have to change schools this year because of re-districting, so that, along with the new foster kids, are probably a lot for a 7 year old to handle.

Fifth, Tomorrow is our first riding lesson since my "Unscheduled Dismount" two weeks ago. Last week Lg was sick, which worked out well for me because I was STILL painin' like crazy and walking like John Wayne!! I am still a little nervous about getting back on the horse, my body can't take another fall like that! I STILL have bruises on my bum!

OK, there is probably lots of other random stuff I could bore you with, but I will stop with those exciting highlights. More to come soon, I promise!!

Love and blessings to all!

No comments: