Sunday, April 20, 2008

Horse Show

Just call me CRAZY LADY!!! I am posting TWICE in one day!! Don't get used to it, it will probably never happen again!




Just wanted to brag about my first-born, Lauragale. Since September she has been taking English-Saddle riding lessons. She LOVES it and this weekend was her first "competition". (Now bear with me, we have only been in the horse community for about 7 months now, so we are still learning the ropes.) Well, Saturday was a school show hosted by the stables where she takes lessons. It was the perfect show to be her first. She was familiar with the arena and the people and it was really casual and low key.


Now don't call me a bad mom, but I was not able to be at the show because I had already committed to helping at our church's women's retreat on the same day. Fortunately, Lauragale could really care less. My parents and my sis, along with her hubby and my TOTALLY ADORABLE niece were there to cheer her on with Curt and Noah so she was pretty much in heaven...


She competed in two divisions, Equitation (judging her) and Under Saddle (judging her horse). They are both "flat" classes so she never left the ground! Jumping can wait until the second show! She was supposed to be in the "Short Stirrup" division (younger kiddos) but for some unknown reason she ended up in "Long Stirrup"... sooooooo, her competiton was a 10 year old, two 16 year olds and a 40 year old!! Welllllll, the girl was amazing! (proud momma talk) She came in fifth in Under Saddle (the horse was too feisty, Curt said.. yeah, it's Tony's fault!) but made THIRD in Equitation!!!




I was sitting at the retreat recieving text, picture and video messages just BEAMING!!!!!!! But you know, no matter how she did, I knew she was having so much fun and I was sooooo proud of her hard work and effort! Love you Lg!


Bragging now over...




3 comments:

Susie said...

What a cutie!! Love the new blog!

Malisa said...

Did daddy take the pics- he did a good job! Glad she did good!
Congrats on the blog- it can be addicting!

Anonymous said...

lauragale rocks!!! yippee! blessings!