Monday, May 5, 2008

On the Farm

We're baaaack... from the farm, that is!! We spent the weekend visiting Curt's parents at their family farm in Lenora, Oklahoma. If you are unfamiliar with western Oklahoma, well, I can't really help you. I can't even tell you how to get there. All I know is that it is near Taloga and Seiling. Does that help??

Either way, we had a great time as usual. The kids had a ball playing outside, riding the Mule with grandpa, complete with deer and cow bone collecting, and Curt had a ball playing with the plasma cutter and welding a "gun-siting table" with his dad.

Great-grandparents were visited with, too much wonderful food was eaten, and sun was laid-out in. Cows were searched for, cough-drops were hunted for and a tooth was lost. Books were colored, Wii was played and the wind blew like mad! But the funniest thing happened at Sunday lunch...

My father-in-law was rushing around to get our left-over brisket on the grill for lunch and in his haste, he grabbed the first foil-covered item he saw. After putting it on the hot grill for quite a few minutes, Curtis came looking for his dad to report that something was burning. After running out to rescue our yummy dish, father-in-law returned to the kitchen, not with scorched meat, but with charred chocolate cake (homemade, no-less!).

Needless to say, I could not let that yummy cake just sit and be wasted! I had to know if it was truly ruined! I opened the foil to find a warm, melty (slightly charred-smelling) and remarkably intact delight! I only took a couple of bites, but as long as you stayed away from the bottom, it was quite scrumptious!!!

Well, enough about my chocolate escapades in the (almost) panhandle. We are back now and life goes on at it's frantic pace. Invitations to be made, laundry to be done, flowers to be planted, birthdays to be celebrated (Happy Birthday to me and Susie!), classes to be attended and sisters to be visited. All reasons why I love my life. I hope you love yours!

2 comments:

ThatsBaloney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Dang - can't believe I forgot that you and Susie share your day. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

sounds delish...i think it should be a new dessert somewhere...grilled chocolate cake??? right? happy birthday! we may birthday girls rock the world! blessings!