Now that is some hip action! Take THAT Kristy Yamaguchi (or however you spell your name)
While he is working up a sweat trying to get his Wii Fit age down from 43, my Dad asked him, "When are you gonna get competitive?"... his sarcastic reference to Bubby's undying competitive spirit... Bub says back, "I'm not going to get a PEDICURE!!!" Nice. A few minutes later my Mom tells the kids that their cousin will be visiting them back home this week in which Bub fires off, "Oohhh, that's so sexy!" Real nice.
After coming home from the ranch, we made it back just in time to celebrate Bub's 5th birthday in style. His day consisted of:
1) a Pop-Tart breakfast (breakfast of champions)
2) Wii Fit
3) Wii Sports
4) Going to mom's workout with her and flirting with the older gal in the kiddie room (think she was 7) Dancing in front of gym video monitor to watch himself for at least 20 minutes.
5) Lunch at Wendy's (lunch of champions)
6) More Wii Fit
7) More Wii Sports
8) Riding lessons with sis
9) Dinner at The Brook (because they have mac 'n cheese AND cottage cheese)
For his b-day he received a Super Soaker from my sis, brother-in-law and niece (thanks guys... all my tender, burgeoning impatiens and artificial door arrangement are blasted to pieces) and a Nintendo DS plus games from the rest of us. Bub's prefers to call it his "Dindindo DS" mind you. Most of today consisted of mastering that electronic babysitter! He loves it! I do too if it will get me through a mani/pedi every few weeks this summer!!!
Lastly, we completed our fourth installment of our DHS Foster Training classes today. All I can say is "Oh Lord help us, we are scared." We are really banking on the whole "They give you the worst scenario in training to better prepare you" thing. Pray for us!
PS We are wanting and needing to create some House Rules for the betterment of our family and as a helpful tool when we get our first foster placement. I am wanting to collect some ideas of House Rules that you all use. Can you give me your favorites in the Comments section? Now, I know that there might be A LOT of responses here because of the enormous amount of traffic my blog gets, but don't be shy, respond anyway! ha




6 comments:
house rules.... hmmmmm.... my "favorite is keep your hands off the walls!" Of course this goes over really well with children because they LOVE keeping their hands to themselves and not putting big sticky hand prints on my wall :) I'll have to get back to you when I actually come up with something decent. P.S. I'm jealous, I need a Wii Fit!! We need to try yours first though :)
My favorite house rule is scissors are for cutting paper not hair. lol.
okay seriously, no snacks without permission. unless it's fruit.
r-e-s-p-e-c-t...
keep your hands to yourself.
always put something away before getting something else out.
take something from the room you are in to the room you are going to.
use kind words.
okay...i used to have "rainbow rules" when i was teaching and now i can't even remember what they were...but there were like five or six and they covered the whole spectrum of "offenses"...and i color coded them to match the rainbow colors. it was all of course very cute. it worked with 18 children and i always had some from the baptist children's home....which were coming from some not that great environments. okay...done rambling.
i want to hear more about your preparedness for foster children...do tell.
I love the pop tarts for birthday breakfast!! My boys love pop tart days!! As far as rules, we encompass a lot of our rules under the golden rule...treat others as you would want to be treated. This is so universal and can work for just about anything. I like reading others rules...this is helpful for all of us!!
I think an important rule is "crayons, markers, etc ONLY go on paper" which is closely related to "crayons, markers, etc are ONLY used at the kitchen table". I also strongly agree with the "treat others as you want to be treated". However, this is a tough one for the siblings that live in my house. Oh, and my big one is "take responsibility for your actions"! Good luck!!
I can't wait to hear more about Wii Fit! I gotta have it!
Forget the house rules. I'm curious about that hip action. Who gets credit for passing on that gene?
Post a Comment