Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Breaking and Entering

Well, the kids and I had a great day of swimming today! First swimming lessons in the morning then an oh-so-fun playdate with Katie and her kids at her in-law's pool.

Of course, Katie and I can never keep anything simple and easy, there always has to be an element of excitement and surprise to keep us on our toes. "How could a simple play-date at the pool go so wrong?", you ask... well, it can!

But in the midst of chaos, God has a sense of humor!

Timeline of Events:

10:35 am: Katie and kids arrive at said pool.

10:40 am: Katie unlocks back door and enters house to let kids go wee-wee.

10:45 am: Me and the kiddos arrive.

10:49 am: Katie receives cell phone call from mother-in-law but has bad connection and can't hear a darn thing.

11:20 am: While relaxing in the sun and chatting, Katie and I notice strange man walking through the yard and approaching us.

11:21 am: I realize that this is not a strange man... it is a police officer!

11:22 am: Realize this is not just ANY police officer, this is my brother-in-law!!

11:22 am: "Fancy meeting you here! I was called to this address because the security alarm had been tripped." my b-n-l tells us.

11:23 am: NICE!!!!! We set off the alarm and made the police come out to check on it.

11:24 am: NICE!!!!! The police office dispatched to the call was my BROTHER-IN-LAW!! YEAH!!!!!!!

OK, would that have been just lovely if K and I were just chattin' it up by the pool while our little munchkins were swimming and a police office came by to check on a security alarm breech and realized that neither one of us lived there, the real owners were out-of-town and we couldn't even verify the houses address??? Can you say "MUG SHOTS"?

What is even more ironic? My b-n-l didn't even work that area! He was given the call because they were short-handed today! Isn't that nice that our little careless shenanigans caused a hard-working police officer to get sidetracked with us while he could have been arresting drug-dealers or REAL burglars!!! (Thanks Chris!)

Isn't God cool? I guess He is when you try to see Him in the small stuff... Things could have been very difficult for us just because of a tiny mistake... but God not only protected us, He gave us a story to remember as well!!



P.S. I think our brush with the law was a little embarrassing to Noah...

4 comments:

momof4kr said...

WORD...or shall I saw DROW?!!

Either way, it was such a GREAT time! Thanks for sharing the day with us.

XOXOXO

ThatsBaloney said...

I thought you were going to say "Officer Disney" showed up.
Either way - I'm glad I didn't have to come bail you two out.

Momma Bear's Family said...

God has such a great sense of humor!! I'm glad my girls aren't in the slammer!

Ro said...

I just don't know what to say, other than that is so hysterical!!!