While those two are living it up, I am volunteering in the kitchen with my friend Jonni. It is only the first day of VBS, but there has already been so much to blog about! To see a rundown of our kitchen-based escapades, just click here to read it straight from Baloney's "mouth."
My personal favorite VBS kitchen story of the day would be one that happened first thing this morning...
We are not only in charge of feeding the 450 volunteers each day, but also coordinating snacks for the 1,000 children as well. Our sweet friend Stephanie was in charge of the kid's snacks this morning and had the gracious help of 3 teens who were so sweet and willing to go to all lengths to accomplish the task at hand.
As we started the day, I gave the teens instructions to take 8 (bags of) Goldfish from the cases and put them into the plastic bags. Seemed like simple enough directions, but as I was leaving to return to the kitchen, I noticed that our sweet male teen helper has opened the 4 ounce bag of Goldfish and is proceeding to put 8 GOLDFISH (singular goldfish-- one cracker) in each plastic sack. Soooo, I guess he was thinking the church REALLY cut back this year and each child was only getting 1 GOLDFISH each for their mid-morning snack.
"Now don't eat that all in one bite sweeties! Nibble!"




4 comments:
Haha!!! That is a great story!!! You all have some entertainment in the kitchen!!! I didn't get my one goldfish!! Will I get it tomorrow? Haha!!
You cheater. At least I left the goldfish story for you!
Loved Curt's comment on my blog.
Might be time to post some lovely pics of him. If only it would actually embarass him. Hmmm...
My kids would have freaked! We were so very thankful for goldfish (of course we (being they) complained the whole time about needing more) b/c for some reason they all came to VBS thinking they were starving. One little loop around the church and they are famished...... We of course also had a few swimming goldfish, this was amusing to everyone since they grow about 5x their size in water, so we lost a few that way. One just wouldn't have created a snack AND entertainment. Keep having fun in the kitchen!! We love you guys! ~Ro
that is hilarious! What! Your still hungry?
Post a Comment